Arch Linux with BSPWM Tiling Window Manager.
- Kitty: Just a terminal emulator with images and Unicode support.
zsh: I use zsh as a shell, because of features like plugins, spelling correction, and approximate completion. I don’t mind using other shells though, as on my server I use bash.
I only use vanilla zsh, with my configs. I don’t use oh my zsh because it is slow and has unnecessary stuff which I don’t need.
Text Editing & Programming⌗
- vim/Neovim: vim is a incredibly powerful and efficient text editor. The amount of stuff I’ve done in record time using vim is staggering.
- Brave: A FOSS, chromium-based web browser with the ability to block ads and trackers by default.
- ranger: I mainly use ranger for just looking up files and bulk renaming. For operations like move, copy, etc. I use unix command utilities.
- sxiv: A hacker-friendly scriptable image viewer. It also supports animated GIFs, thumbnails, and slideshows.
- zathura: zathura is a minimal yet highly customizable plugin-based document viewer. If you want to make it read pdf, you’ll need a plugin for that and the same goes for other types of doucments like ps, epub etc.
Previously I used to use xreader, but now I’ve switched to zathura, because it just works the way I want it to be.
- mpv: Neat and simple interface video player which works perfectly with a wide variety of video formats and has all the customizations I need.
- neomutt: Simple yet powerful terminal based email client.
- syncthing: Serverless device syncing.
- newsboat: A simple RSS feed reader for the terminal.
aria2: It is a all-in-one downloading tool. I use it for torrenting and downloading files from other websites.
ffmpeg: General purpose command-line tool for video and audio recording, and conversion. I mainly use it for adding subs to video files, concatenation, and cropping.
ImageMagick: I use it to edit, convert, resize or rotate images.
rclone: Command line program for managing files over cloud storage. Yes, a Swiss army knife of cloud storage.
youtube-dl: CLI tool for downloading youtube videos. Can download youtube playlists or even an entire youtube channel. It also supports downloading from many other websites. Technically, I use yt-dlp these days, because it has some additional features and it also fixes problems like buffering with mpv that I face with regular ytdl.